17 November 2011

Book News: What Might Have Been Me by Yvonne Cassidy

Another 2012 release which I have been looking forward to is Yvonne Cassidy's new book What Might Have Been Me. I think the cover is quite intriguing and unusual, and the story itself sounds like a fascinating read. It is due out on 19th January 2012, and here's the synopsis:

"At the corner of west 43rd and sixth, if you face downtown you'll see the treetops of Bryant Park, fresh and green. Behind them, the Empire State building rises, and keeps rising, above its neighbours. Of all the views I loved of the city that was my favourite - the spot I came to re-set myself when I was lost or lonely or just bored.

Ten years ago, when I dropped out of Trinity college to stay here, I wouldn't have believed it was possible to get bored of New York. But just because you don't believe something doesn't mean it's not true.

My friends went back to college in Dublin and I stayed. I stayed because I fell in love, with Eddie, with the city. At twenty one it was okay to be illegal, to wait tables. It was okay for a long time, until it wasn't. Not that I did anything about it, until the morning I got the call from Mum.

My name is Carla Matthews. This book is about who I was, who I am and who I might have been, if things had been different. It's Eddie's story too. And my Mum's and my sister Suzanne's.

And after all this time, I'm finally understanding that it's my Dad's story too."


You can pre-order What Might Have Been Me in paperback now (link goes to Amazon.co.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment