6 December 2014

Festive Q&A: Day 4: Tracy Bloom

Welcome to the fourth day of my Christmas feature, my Festive Q&A with some of my favourite chick lit authors out there! Today I am pleased to welcome Tracy Bloom to the blog, author of the new Christmas read 'I Will Marry George Clooney... By Christmas'. It's on my to-read shelf and I can't wait to read it, it sounds brilliant! My thanks go to Tracy for taking the time to answer my questions.

You can buy I Will Marry George Clooney... By Christmas as a paperback or an eBook now.

Q1. Please tell me about your new festive book!
Slogging her guts out in a chicken factory whilst single-handedly bringing up a teenage daughter who hates her  is far from the life that 36yr old Michelle had planned. But marrying George Clooney could change all that, couldn't it? I WILL MARRY GEORGE CLOONEY (BY CHRISTMAS) follows Michelle's journey after she decides her only option is to dream the impossible - because you never know where it might take you...

Q2. What do you think it is about festive books that readers love so much year after year?
I think Christmas seems like such a time for potential romance...it must be something to do with the twinkly lights, the mistletoe, the office parties and Wham singing Last Christmas...yet again. At some point we have all dreamt  of finding love at Christmas and so we are naturally excited about the prospect of reading a novel where this dream may actually come true.


Q3. What prompted you to write a Christmas book?
I WILL MARRY GEORGE CLOONEY became a Christmas book because the story and the title needed a sense of urgency and a sense of real purpose. I needed to portray the fact that this book wasn't about some whim by the main character, that she was never going to act on - she meant it and she was going to do it... by Christmas.


Q4. Quick fire questions! What's your favourite thing about Christmas? 
Now I have kids it's being able to share the real magic with them again. Before I had kids it was the parties!


Q5. Favourite christmas film? 
Home Alone - the iron swinging down to whack the burglar over the head makes me laugh every time

Q6. Favourite christmas song? 
Stay Another Day - East 17 - it was a good year for office parties that year!


Q7. Favourite christmas tradition?
Children singing Away in a Manger - gets me every time!


Q8. What are you hoping to find under the christmas tree this year?!
A mini-break - not organised by me!


Q9. What's the best Christmas present you've ever been given and why? 
Last year my husband gave me two framed prints of the covers of my two self published titles from 2013. I cried! They may have to be moved from the kitchen wall this year though as my children are starting to ask awkward questions about why NO-ONE EVER HAS SEX ON A TUESDAY.


Q10. What is up next for you?
Single Woman Seeks Revenge is published by Penguin Random house in January and I'm half way through writing the sequel to NO-ONE EVER HAS SEX ON A TUESDAY.

Thanks so much, Tracy!

No comments:

Post a Comment