22 December 2014

Festive Q&A Post 12: Holly Martin

Please welcome Holly Martin for today's Festive Q&A! Holly's latest eBook is a Christmas follow up to her brilliant story One Hundred Proposals, called One Hundred Christmas Proposals! This is a chance to catch up with couple Harry and Suzie again, and see what's happening in their lives. I loved the eBook, make sure you give it a try!

You can buy One Hundred Christmas Proposals as an eBook now.

Q1. Please tell me about your new festive book!
One Hundred Christmas Proposals is a festive sequel to my summer book, One Hundred Proposals. It sees Harry and Suzie as they spend their first Christmas together while they try to organise 100 festive proposals for their clients. But as snow falls on London, is everything still perfect in their own relationship.

When I write my books, I always doubt myself and think that it's rubbish. One Hundred Christmas Proposals is the first book and probably the last where I feel incredibly proud and excited about it's release. I just hope everyone else feels the same.

Q2. What do you think it is about festive books that readers love so much year after year?
People love Christmas, the snow, the lights, the time spent with families.  It is a magical time of year and I think people just love reading about it.  For me, Christmas stories fall into two camps, both equally wonderful; the sparkling, glorious, sweepingly romantic, snow kissed chicklits or the ones that share the humour of Christmas, of being with our families, however eccentric, of disastrous Christmas parties and terrible presents. I love them both.

Q3. What prompted you to write a Christmas book?
I wasn't going to, I didn't know if there was room for my Christmas story when every chicklit author seems to bring out a Christmas book, but the idea for the festive sequel to 100 Proposals just came to me one day and I knew it was a story I had to write.

Q4. Quick fire questions! What's your favourite thing about Christmas? 
Spending time with friends and family.

Q5. Favourite christmas film? 
The Holiday or Love Actually.

Q6. Favourite christmas song? 
Fairy Tale of New York by The Pogues, not sure why.

Q7. Favourite christmas tradition? 
Playing games with my family

Q8. What are you hoping to find under the christmas tree this year? 
I never want anything and my friends always find it hard to buy for me as I never know what I want.  Just good health and happiness to all my friends and family and a super large Toblerone.

Q9. What's the best Christmas present you've ever been given and why? 
My pet dog Bob, we had him as a puppy and he fit in my dad's hand when we first got him. Then he grew and grew and grew. He was such a character, he was gentle with us even though me and my brother would climb all over him. He was fiercely protective of us and would always want to sit on our laps for cuddles even though he was huge. We paid £5 for him and had him for 17 wonderful years

Q10. What is up next for you?
Hopefully, I should have a new book out in January called Lessons in Love.

Thanks so much Holly!

No comments:

Post a Comment