23 December 2014

Festive Q&A Post 14: Carole Matthews

Another festive Q&A for today, and I am delighted to welcome the one and only Carole Matthews to my blog for her Festive Q&A! Carole is one of the queens of the festive novel, and her latest book The Christmas Party is a superb novel, I loved it! Thanks so much to Carole for taking the time to answer my questions.

You can buy The Christmas Party as an eBook or a paperback now!

Q1. Please tell me about your new festive book!

It’s the story of Louise Young, a single mum who’s just rejoined the world of work in a corporate environment what takes place over one night at an office Christmas party. Louise has a difficult boss, my pantomime baddy, Tyler Benson and she’s always treading on egg shells with him. She goes along to the office party hoping to have the time of her life, little knowing that what happens will change her life for ever.

Q2. What do you think it is about festive books that readers love so much year after year?

My Christmas books are usually warm, fun and filled with festive spirit. I think it gets readers in the mood for Christmas.

Q3. What do you love about writing Christmas stories?

I like to have a lot of fun with the themes around Christmas - love, loss, family, friends. The situations people - and my characters - find themselves in at Christmas are often amplified. Plus Christmas is always a great backdrop.

Q4. Quick fire questions! What's your favourite thing about Christmas?

Christmas dinner. No sprouts in this house though. Bleurgh.

Q5. Favourite Christmas film?

I think Love, Actually is my favourite Christmas rom-com.

Q6. Favourite Christmas song?

‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’ by Judy Garland

Q7. Favourite Christmas tradition?

Putting the Christmas trees up - mulled wine, mince pies, Muppet Christmas Carol on the telly.

Q8. What are you hoping to find under the christmas tree this year?!

Alexander Skarsgard. Or Ugg boots.

Q9. What's the best Christmas present you've ever been given and why?

Last year Lovely Kev gave me the original illustrations of my book covers for A Cottage by the Sea and Calling Mrs Christmas signed by the artist, Alice Tait. That was special.

Q10. What is up next for you?

New hardback out in January - The Cake Shop in the Garden - introducing my gorgeous hero, Danny Wilde. It’s one of my own favourites. I think my readers will love it too.


Thank you for having me. A very merry Christmas to all of your readers!

C : ) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment