11 June 2017

Book Review: Spring at Blueberry Bay by Holly Martin

"Welcome to beautiful Hope Island where the sea sparkles, the daffodils are blooming and a blossoming romance is just around the corner… 

Bella has always had a sunny outlook and caring nature, despite recently falling on hard times. When she finds a handsome homeless man on her doorstep, her kind heart tells her she must help him. So, she invites Isaac into her cottage and into her life in ways she could never have imagined… 

But Isaac is not what he seems. He’s keeping a huge secret from Bella, yet he never expected to fall for this open, generous and charming woman. 

Bella can’t ignore the chemistry between her and Isaac, but she’s had her trust badly broken in her past. Will she run when she learns the truth about Isaac, or will he be the one man who can help Bella believe in love again? "

Rating: 5/5

I was so excited to get a review copy of the first of Holly Martin's new 'Hope Island' series, called Spring at Blueberry Bay. I love Holly's stories because they are always full of romance, characters to love and stories that leave you with a huge smile on your face. That was certainly the case with this story, it could certainly be one of my favourite books yet, no mean feat, believe me. Bella lives on Hope Island, and after a recent scandal at work, she's desperately hunting a new job, knowing a bad reputation may be following her around. When she finds the perfect job, the interview is slightly different to what she expected, especially as she knows the manager Isaac, and he hasn't been exactly honest with her. Can Bella forgive his deception, or has Isaac made too big a mistake to fix?

I loved the setting of Hope Island right from the beginning. I felt like I was really getting into the place in my mind as I was reading, imagining the village centre, the houses, the beautiful bay - it sounded idyllic, and Holly's settings are always somewhere that I love reading about. Bella's houses sounded delightful, and I can see why she wasn't so keen to leave there, despite her own financial hardship. The descriptions were beautifully written, it was a joy to read because of this. I don't want to say too much about Bella and her job opportunity and what happens with Isaac, as I loved that being revealed as I read the story, but the story was thoroughly enjoyable.

The characters in the book are perfect, and every single one of them was vital for the book, from the main ones like Bella and Isaac, to the more minor villagers, and Bella's family. I looked forward to reading about all of them as they popped up, and it's nice knowing there's more of them to come in the next book set here. Bella was a brilliant character, and I could understand her reluctance to befriend Isaac after his deception, even though his heart was in the right place. I was willing for her to open up her heart though and let him in, they seemed like they would be a perfect couple. Isaac seemed like the perfect man too; handsome, has strict morals, a kind heart, rather wealthy and open to love.

The stories that Holly Martin writes are always so positive, have lovely happy endings that warm your heart, and love stories that make you swoon. Although you can predict how it's going to end, it simply doesn't matter because they are so wonderful to read, and you simply want the best for these characters. I also love when Holly writes a series because you know you'll be seeing these characters again and finding out what they are up to next and if things have stayed as happy as you hoped! This was brilliant to read from beginning to end, I couldn't put it down each evening, it was that good! I hope Holly Martin continues to write stories for many years to come as I simply wouldn't want to be without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment